It’s the first episode of year two for Pulling Focus! Thanks for joining us on the ride!
This week we try to stay on our topic of political films. As usual, we have a fun trip down the tangent highway. We ultimately bring it back around to our chosen topic of choice, why we watch and what constitutes the genre. Is it top level government? Is it workplace politics? Is it historical? Factual? We talk about it all.
Netflix’s announcement of 70 new films this year didn’t escape us either. What is the Academy going to do? They’ll have to recognize these films in a year when hardly anything went out for theatrical exhibition. Won’t they?
So many of the new films coming out on the streamers, in theaters and even in the submission pool for Skyline are pandemic or lockdown based. How long will this global phenomena impact the subject of film media?
Turns out we love Forest Whitaker. You should, too!
Make sure to like, subscribe and rate Pulling Focus Podcast Show anywhere you get your podcasts. It really helps and we’ll love you forever for it!
Stay In Touch
We love your feedback! You can get in touch with us by email, pullingfocuspodcastshow at gmail.com and at any social outlet below.
Please rate and review Pulling Focus where ever you get your podcasts.
Don’t Miss Out
- Ep 29: Minimum Wage, Spec Scripts, The Warriors And Tons More
- Ep 28: Behind the Scenes at PFPShow, Period Correct Language in Film and Of Course Meme Stocks!
- Ep 27: Political Movies and Why We Watch. Also Wild Tangents About Forest Whitaker and More!
- Ep 26: Happy New Year! F**K Off 2020! Quality YouTube, WW84 Happened, Directors: To Follow or Not to Follow
- Ep 25: 2020 Favorite Films, Emotional Triggers in Film and Mick and Brian Share Their Early Projects with Each Other.