We’re bringing it back home to Virginia this week. Joe Duca is joining us today on the show. Joe is a Virginian living in L.A. Any chance we get to support local filmmakers is a good day in our book!
His latest film, Her Name Was Jo, was, in large part, shot in Virginia along the Shenandoah River. Her Name Was Jo is about an industrious little girl named Josephine who heads out to find her real father when things break down at home.
Through her journey across the country, Joe contends with trains, meth heads, unexpected deaths, a lost baby, and ultimately her own wounds. The film has been described by Wide as being in the vein of “Beasts of The Southern Wild” and “Winter’s Bone.”Elsa Keslassy, Variety
Her Name Was Joe premieres 7PM Saturday March 20, 2021 at the Alamo Drafthouse Winchester, available on VOD April 6, 2021. Live Q&A with Joe following the film. Your favorite podcast hosts, Mick and Brian will be there for the festivities with the cast and crew, make sure to stop in and say hi!
Stay In Touch
We love your feedback! You can get in touch with us by email, pullingfocuspodcastshow at gmail.com and at any social outlet below.
Please rate and review Pulling Focus where ever you get your podcasts.
Don’t Miss Out
- Ep 42: Tony Scott, Candyman, MARVEL and Movies are Time Capsules
- EP 41: Movie First Dates, Celebrity Hall Passes and Movie Crushes
- Ep 40: Writer’s Rooms and Whole Lots of Other Stuff
- Ep 39: The Shining, One of Us has Questions the Other has no Answers and a Lovely Music Tangent!
- Ep 38: Mick Recovers and Jersey Accents are the Best and Another Challenge