Brought to you by Skyline Indie Film Fest and The Scene Snobs in Winchester, Virginia
Featured: Welcome to Pulling Focus!
About Pulling Focus
Pulling Focus brings you the best conversations and discussions about movies and filmmaking including new, undistributed independent films from around the corner and around the world.
Episode 8: Coping, Fandango Streaming, Film Festivals Pivot, Indie Film COSMOS, Story Beats Tech and Loglines
Mick and Brian are back again to discuss coping without theaters during quarantine. You can’t binge enough, cook enough, sleep enough to fill the void that going out to the theater fills. But we must power through and podcast, pontificate, speculate and just laugh at the world and ourselves. This episode ran long and we considered breaking it up into two but then again, why? Why break the flow? It was a good time and we hope you enjoy our chat.
- Coping with quarantine: mowing, cooking, binging…
- Missing the theater experience.
- Movies that made us love movies. One of us is Star Wars, the other is Jurassic Park. Can you guess whose is whose?
- Fandango buys VUDU.
- What will theater play if they open before new content is ready?
- Film Festivals becoming more than annual events…
- COSMOS, an indie delight! Don’t miss the BTS Featurette.
- Loglines, you only get one chance to make a first impression, you better be prepared.
- Young Screenwriters free 5 week screenwriting class is still available, Brian is on week 3.
- Winchester Book Gallery & Pulling Focus offer 15% off a wide selection of books on screenwriting
- Use code PFPSHOW at checkout.
Ep 7: Screenwriting
Ep 6: Still Remote. Still Quarantined. Still Talking Movies.
Ep 5: Podcasting in a Time of Quarantine
Ep 4: Impacts of a Pandemic
Ep 3: No Podfade In Sight!
Ep 2: What? Two in a Row!
Ep 1: Welcome to Pulling Focus!
New Episodes Bi-Weekly
Every Other Tuesday
Subscribe to Get The Latest Podcast Alerts
Meet The Hosts
What’s to say? Brian and Mick met at the theater, Brian was selling Leonard Maltin books, Mick was buying Leonard Malting books. Our conversation quickly led to movies, filmmaking and ultimately podcasting. We decided it would be a tremendously good idea to team up and host a completely new show called PULLING FOCUS.
Get In Touch
Got a suggestion for the podcast? We want to hear from you.