This week we go into great detail about the selection process for Skyline Indie Film Fest and the hell it is to choose what’s in and what’s out. The pressure is real, my friends!
We have a fond and wandering remembrance of Carl Reiner that takes us down the road of zombie movies of all places. Which is good because Mick found an Australian zombie flick and said it’s the best he’s every seen. And it’s probably call UNDEAD. Maybe. Ultimately we end up on a Rob Reiner movie rant because someone said the writer director of so many beloved films was no good! With regard to pretentiousness in filmmaking we have no patience.
Hamilton made its television debut and I think the whole world watched. Mick had never seen the show or heard the music. I’ve had the music memorized for years now but had never seen the show. We both loved it!
We discuss other movies but go pretty deep into ALL I CAN SAY, the Shannon Hoon/Blind Melon doc from Oscilloscope. It turns out Blind Melon had a huge impact on me and I was never really aware of it until I found myself watching this doc, crying on the couch. Emotions are wild, man.
Stay In Touch
We love your feedback! You can get in touch with us by email, pullingfocuspodcastshow at gmail.com and at any social outlet below.
Please rate and review Pulling Focus where ever you get your podcasts.
Don’t Miss Out
- Pulling Focus Ep 20: Jack Sholder Interview & Directing Master Class!
- Pulling Focus Ep 19: RIP RBG & Animal, State of the Biz, Horror Anthologies, Halloween & Christmas Season Movies, and So Much More!
- Pulling Focus Ep 18: The Hangover Show, aka Don’t Be Dumb and a Whole Lot More
- Pulling Focus Ep 17: Cobra Kai & Karate/Kung Fu Movies, The Exorcist Remake, The Princess Bride Live Read and Much More!
- Pulling Focus: Ep 16 Mick and Brian Have A Chat-Fest